If you are searching for the “cost of stump grinding”, “cost of stump removal” or “stump removal cost near me”, this post should help! The average cost of stump grinding in 2018 is:
- Average Stump Grinding Cost: $100 to $400
- Average Stump Removal Cost: $60 to $350
- Cost To Rent A Stump Grinder: $75 to $400
Similar to many people, you want to remove a stump after you have chopped a tree down in your yard. If you do not remove it, then you will have to constantly mow around it and it can take away from the look of your property. There are many different ways that you can have a stump removed, but the most efficient and fastest ways to do so is going to be to grind it. Grinding stumps are the best way to remove stumps, and the prices for stump grinding also vary based on if you are doing it on your own or if you are letting a professional do it for you. These are the guidelines that help to outline the costs for stump grinding.
Professional Stump Grinding Costs in 2018
In many cases, it may be best just to hire a professional to do the stump grinding on your property. It could cost more on the outset, but just imagine just how much more the cost would be to rent the stump grinder and then hiring a professional because you were not able to remove the stump on your own.
Our research shows that the average cost to grind a stump ranges from $100 to $400 per stump with an average cost per diameter of $3. If you DIY grind the stump yourself it may still cost you as little as $75 to rent a stump grinder for a half a day, or $250 to $400 to rent it for a full day.
One thing that you need to know is that there are various companies that will charge for this based on different criteria. For instance:
- By the Hour: Companies can charge by the house for stump grinding if they are clearing large plots of land that have hundreds or even dozens of stumps. The average cost per hour which is handled using a heavy-duty grinder will cost about $200 per hour. Very few homeowners will have to do this type of stump grinding.
- By the Diameter: The average price is about $5 per diameter, and many companies will charge a minimum of $150. If there are multiple stumps to grind, you need to find the average diameter for the stumps and then multiply it by the number of stumps that you have then multiply that by the amount charged by inch. For instance, if there are 60 stumps that need to be grinded, and the average diameter is 12 inches, then there is 720 inches that need to be grinded. If the professional charges $5 per inch, then you have $3600 for the total.
- By the stump: This is a very common way that companies that will charge for stump grinding. They will need to know how many stumps need to be grinded. In many cases, the company will charge about $150 to $250 for the first stump and then a discounted rate for every stump after that. They may even charge a flat rate of $550 for 10 stumps and then $20 to $25 for additional stumps after that.
How Much Does Stump Removal Cost?
The average cost to remove a tree stump ranges from $60 to $350 per stump, depending on various factors like size. The average removal cost breaks down to approximately $2 to $3 per diameter of the stump. If you do it yourself, it may only cost you about $75 to $150.
Nationally, the average cost of professional stump removal is around $165, and it only takes about an hour. Professional stump removal companies may charge based on different criteria:
- By the Diameter: The average price is about $5 per diameter, if you charged by the diameter. Many companies will charge a minimum of $150.
- Clearing Land: If you have to have a large amount of land cleared and many stumps to go with it, then you can expect to be charged an hourly rate. On average, you can be charged around $200 per hour. You could also be charged based on diameter of the stumps that have to be removed. if there are 60 stumps that need to be grinded, and the average diameter is 12 inches, then there is 720 inches that need to be grinded. If the professional charges $5 per inch, then you have $3600 for the total.
- By number of stumps: Most companies will offer a price that works with the customer who have multiple stumps that need to be removed. For instance, you could be charged $150 to $250 for the first stump and then $25 to $55 for every stump after that.
DIY Stump Removal Costs & Considerations
If you like taking matters into your own hands, you might want to rent a stump grinder and remove that wily stump yourself. Before attempting to do so though, keep a few things in mind. For one, the stump grinder you rent probably won’t be powerful enough to handle one that’s too large. Rental stump grinders work best for old, very rotted stumps and stumps that are extremely small. They don’t grind very far below grade either, so the end result may not be quite what you’d expected. If the situation warrants it though, renting a stump grinder can save you money.
As far as stump grinder rental cost goes, you can expect to pay between $75 – $400. It cost $75 to $150 to rent a stump grinder for half a day. If you need it for a whole day, you’ll pay between $250 and $400. Is it worth it? That actually depends on how much professional stump grinding costs within your local area.
Stump Grinder Specifications
You will want to ensure that you pay attention to all the specifications on the various models and types of stump grinders for your project. Below are some specifications that you will normally see but, you are going to need to pay attention to the cutting capacity because it will relate to your stump. Ensure that you speak with a local expert if you are not quite sure about the need or importance for these.
- Power source
- Cutting capacity above ground
- Cutting capacity below ground
- Cutter wheel
With all of this information, you should have somewhat of an idea about how much it will cost you to have stump grinding done on your property, which in turn is going to make it easier to shop around for a great deal.
Arbor Care Offers Professional Stump Grinding For An Affordable Cost
If you live or do business in the Phoenix, Arizona valley and need stump removal services, Arbor Care Tree Care can help! Receive a free stump grinding or stump removal quote by giving Arbor Care Tree Care a call today at (480) 797-5566.